Dangers of Drinking Sparkling WaterWhile water needs to be a daily staple, you shouldn't be drinking water by way of sparkling water. What you should be doing is drinking tap water. If your tap water is not safe, then you should consider bottled water. However, if your tap water is safe, whether you like the taste or not, you need to drink it.
Sparkling water is a very acidic type of water. Much of the flavor comes from the acids put into the water. This is especially true of tonic water. This acid will erode the enamel right off your teeth, and leave you with a higher chance of tooth decay. The acid erosion will also leave your teeth more sensitive, which could make eating and drinking a lot more painful.
Don't hurt your mouth by drinking sparkling water instead of what is best for you. You need to go through and get the nutrients and benefits out of your tap water whenever possible. Normal municipal water is treated with fluoride, which helps to prevent tooth decay. Make sure that you are getting enough of this to keep your teeth safe. Talk to your dentist about if you are getting enough water each day, at your next appointment. If you have any questions, or if you would like to learn more, please call us today at (512) 506-9889.